February 4, 2022
With modern dental technology, people who are missing teeth have several different options out there when it comes to replacing them. However, you want to make the best decision for your personal needs. They have become popular in recent years because of their many positive attributes, but are dental implants worth the cost? Your dentist in Washington, D.C. explains more about the benefits of getting dental implants so you can decide if they are a worthwhile investment for your smile.
What Are the Advantages of Dental Implants?
In order to determine whether dental implants would be right for you, it is important to know their benefits. Here are some of the many advantages when you select implants to replace your teeth:
- Bite Force: When you have dental implants, there are no eating restrictions. This is because they can restore up to 90 percent of your chewing power. Dentures, on the other hand, may require you to continue to avoid eating some of your favorite foods.
- Easy to Maintain: Taking care of dental implants is just like maintaining your natural teeth. You should brush twice and floss at least once each day and get into the routine using mouthwash. Regular dental visits are also needed to keep your smile in good standing.
- Prevents Bone Loss: Currently, dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that maintains the integrity of the jawbone. This is because the implant replaces the natural root of your tooth. So, the bone is being stimulated by chewing to stay strong for many years.
- Longevity: Dental implants can last 25-plus years, or even the rest of your life, when cared for properly. Dentures need to be repaired and replaced periodically, while dental bridges only last 5-15 years before requiring replacement.
- Comfort: Dentures can be uncomfortable. However, dental implants feel just like real teeth. In fact, patients often forget they have implants unless they are thinking about them.
They’re an Investment in Your Smile
So, are dental implants worth the cost? You should think of them as an investment since you can save more money in the long run by avoiding the need for other restorations that won’t last nearly as long or offer the same benefits. If you opt for dentures or bridges, they will need to be replaced over time while implants can last the rest of your life if you maintain them properly. In the end, many patients find that investing in their smile is worth the cost.
If you’re interested in implants, ask your dentist if you are a viable candidate. Then, you can factor in your dental insurance or financing options with the cost of dental implants to make the best decision!
About the Practice
At Davidson Dental Associates, we strive to provide our patients with comprehensive, trustworthy care. With a prosthodontist, an oral surgeon, and a periodontist on staff, you can count on our practice as your oral healthcare base for many years to come. If you are interested in dental implants, we can permanently replace any number of teeth with the entire treatment performed at our office location, plus dental insurance is accepted and CareCredit financing is available. Schedule a consultation on our website or by calling (202) 775-0022.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.